Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
As the CFO, you’ll be an integral part of the Senior Leadership Team efficiently scaling an accounting and finance organization at a fast-growing SaaS company. To be successful in the role, you will need a proven track record of being an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, innovative, and strategic thinker. You will have the ability to understand Ceterus’ long-term strategies and translate them into actionable, motivating, and measurable goals.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the CEO and management team to drive the organization's direction moving forward.
- Track and analyze all facets of the business performance over time with the aim of increasing business predictability.
- Demonstrate a keen awareness and understanding of Software-as-a-Service and startup metric by identifying, measuring, and monitoring key business metrics to improve business efficacy
- Including but not limited to:
- Sales and marketing efficiency .
- Multi-channel, go-to-market strategies.
- Customer acquisition cost analysis across channels.
- Gross margin, lifetime value and retention rates across channels.
- Including but not limited to:
- Take full ownership of the company's financial plan including identification of key risks and opportunities facing the company, and making recommendations as they affect the financial results of the company and its business.
- Prepare detailed analyses, summaries, and reports of financial data on the operating progress of the company on a periodic basis.
- Develop short- and long-range action plans for operation efficiency, including revenue enhancement or cost savings opportunities.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of accounting and finance professionals hungry to enhance growth and opportunities to make an impact.
- Implement ways of working and systems that enhance financial rigor, enable more thinking and less data manipulation, and bring controls yet allow for the nimbleness and investment needed at a fast-growing company.
- Help drive strategic acquisitions.
- Advise and advance financial insight at Board of Director meetings.
- Oversee monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis, including key metrics that tie back to financial goals.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly close process.
- Interact with accounting, tax and other external resources, including full financial audits.
- Attract, Engage, and Develop a team of Finance and Accounting professionals.
- Determine the optimal capital structure for the company including debt and equity options to support growth and potential future acquisitions; oversee balance sheet management.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
- This role is for action-oriented doers; must be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Prior experience as a CFO with a demonstrated track record successfully scaling a VC-backed SaaS organization from Series A/B through later stages.
- Strong understanding of SaaS metrics, and the ability to identify, track, and monitor the key drivers of success.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization.
- Experience in complex modeling.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Knowledge of accounting and/or month-end close experience: Managing journal entries & reconciliations to build financial metrics.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred.
Nice to have
- Salesforce.com experience.